Sunday, May 11, 2008

Graduation

My tiny apartment was chockablock with people on Saturday - there were 17 crammed into that little living room. At one point there was a small gathering in the kitchen and my roommate & I thought it'd be a fun game to see how many people we could fit in the kitchen, then challenge ourselves with the bathroom. It didn't actually happen sadly.


Graduation day overall was quite entertaining. It was cold and windy and I was sitting in the second to last row, all of us Performing & Visual Arts kids getting no insulation from the weather except from thin ponchos and huddling together. Finally half-way through calling the names the president announced that due to inclement weather she now declared us collectively graduated. It was chaotic. No one really knew what was going on, and there were people walking around carrying stacks of diploma covers for those who weren't yet called to the stage. But hey, I didn't get sunburned. Sooo... bonus.


Obviously the picnic I had planned was moved inside, where the sun was shining and warm.

It's a relief to have some free time now. Of course I still have a to-do list - without one I'd be a lazy do-nothing bum. But it's nice that it's 9:30 am and I don't have anything scheduled until 5. I'm working one day this week... sucks for the budget, but it's a good breather between the busy school year and the non-stop work schedule I'll have in Vermont. I'll be teaching at a summer camp for 10 weeks starting in one month, so I'll take the free time while I can. It also means a month of regular blogging, so stay tuned.

P.S. Does anyone know much about Aftosa WebHosting? Any pros/cons? Other suggested hosts to start an artists website?

1 comments:

Emily Murphy said...

Congratulations (a bit delayed)! My advice on the website thing: buy a domain name and then use Wordpress to make a website. It looks great, and it's cheap! And the best way to have your site come up higher in search engines is to have your own domain name (instead of site.blogspot.com or site.wordpress.com). Good luck!

 
Ceramics Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory