Friday, January 9, 2009

a pot a day

For a long time I've been wanting to draw more frequently, but just haven't gotten into it. So the other night I was visiting my mom and instead of joining her in watching TV I drew the tea cup I had sitting in front of me. Then I thought maybe this is something that could motivate me to draw more often - to draw a pot every day. It doesn't have to be elaborate if I'm too busy, just a little sketch. I've been thinking about getting into graphic design, which led me to think about illustration, and I found this guy - James Jean - who is amazingly talented and inspirational. I know a handful of non-artists and even artists who would say I can draw well... but I have high standards for myself and I have a long way to go until I'll be satisfied with my artistic skills, both in 2-D and 3-D. So here's a humble start - a pot a day.

Yesterday's cup o' tea:

2 comments:

marlin said...

hey! i read your blog. i recently started doing ceramics and enjoy your links. thanks, and please post your drawings!

Erin said...

Thanks for the encouragement Marlin :) Best of luck to you in your ceramic endeavors!

 
Ceramics Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory