Saturday, February 28, 2009

Examining Denver Galleries

If you're a Denver resident or close enough where you're interested in the gallery scene, look me up on Examiner.com. I just started writing for them as the Denver Galleries Examiner and I'll be writing about anything & everything related to galleries in & near Denver. If you're in Greeley, CO, there will be an opening reception at the UNC Art Galleries, Mariani & Oak Room, on Wednesday, March 4. Stay tuned for an article & more info.

Second, if you or anyone you know in Denver would like to be a writer for Examiner.com, care to use me as a reference? Let me know if you're interested & I'll give you my contact info. I'll return the favor and spread the word on your articles (yeah, we get paid for page views, and a bit for any references of course).

I'm now on Twitter in two places! Holy moley... ceramicerin & DenverGalleries. DenverGalleries is very straightforward - I update when I post an article. As for my personal Twittering, anything goes, whether it's related to galleries, Examiner.com, ceramics, food, cats, etc.

Now for the blogging... It's on my mind. The other night I was glazing pots at the Guild and I asked a member, "Are all of these glazes food safe?" and she replied, "Yep, they are all lead-free." Well my dear friends, we all know lead-free is a good thing, but that isn't the only quality of a glaze that makes it food-safe. I'm no expert when it comes to glazes, but I do know that there is more to food-safe glazes than lead. I plan to research and post my findings soon. If you want to read about what makes a durable glaze, Mastering Cone 6 Glazes is a good start.

0 comments:

 
Ceramics Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory