Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Tools

I've just returned from an adventure in colorful San Francisco, but it's late and I haven't got time to tell that story tonight. For a short bedtime story I'll tell you about the fun tools I bought at the lovely Mile Hi Ceramics - a throwing stick, hole cleaner, sponge and, best of all, underglaze. The underglaze is what I need most of all. I've dabbled in different ways of decorating my pots with bicycles and other odd things like dinosaurs and balloons using engobes and inlays, but I think painting with an underglaze might look nice. We'll see. I'm excited to get in the studio tomorrow!
One thing I would really like is a nice wire cutoff tool. Something handmade that isn't going to fray or break, and something that isn't ridiculously long like my current one is. I figure I should just make one, but I haven't gotten around to it. Do you make your own tools?


Though I haven't been blogging so frequently lately, I have been twittering. Mostly unrelated to ceramics, but if you're interested in my little quips about anything and everything look for ceramicerin on Twitter.

0 comments:

 
Ceramics Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory